Halloween (or Hallowe'en) is becoming or has already become a very popular and celebrated event.
- Re-vamp some old clothes in the basement. Remember your spouses old football jersey or current hockey shirt, your high school cheerleader uniform (not mine) or a lifeguard tank.
- Ask your family and friends for used costumes their children used and no longer fit.
- Face-painting - adorable clown, army camouflaged face, fun lion or tiger face.
- Bring the outside in. Leaves decorate well, use your Christmas lights - Candle light sets the mood.
- Old fishnet stockings as webs across your front door.
- Ice sculptures in a witches brew.
- Use your cookbooks, search on-line for suggestions, make it yourself scary cakes and cupcakes, bundt pans make a perfect pumpkin shape, Jello in scary moulds.
- Candy - Don't buy it too early. Most of it will disappear and you're going to have to re-stock for the trick-or-treaters. Candy seems to just vanish into the air. Poof! Huh? What? Me?