Image, courtesy of Starbucks.
Starbucks fans, rejoice! You can fill your holiday cups with all things gingerbread starting November 2.
Yes, the gingerbread flavour is officially back on the holiday menu—it's time to swap out your pumpkin spice latte for one of the new seasonal drinks.
If you’re craving a snack, you could grab a peppermint brownie cake pop, snowman biscuit, cranberry bliss bar or a gingerbread cookie. Plus, discover the four new holiday mugs that capture the magic and joy of the season. The designs include Party Plaid, Peppermint Swirl, Ribbon Spool and Bauble Wrap.
We were invited to Starbucks’ official holiday menu taste test, and we can already tell it’s going to be the best holiday season yet! Here's everything we love from the delicious menu that you can try as of Thursday, November 2, at all participating locations!
1. Sugar cookie oat latte
It's Starbucks' first-ever dairy-free holiday drink, featuring their blond espresso, sugar biscuit syrup and oatmeal drink, topped with red and green confetti. Available hot or cold.
2. Caramel brulée latte
The caramel brulée latte is a blend of espresso, steamed milk and burnt caramel sauce, topped with gourmet whipped cream and small pieces of caramel. This decadent drink is served hot, cold or as a Frappuccino.
3. Chestnut praline latte
What could be more festive than chestnuts roasting on an open fire? This drink combines this classic flavour with espresso, steamed milk and a blend of spices, topped with whipped cream and spiced praline chips. Served hot, iced or as a Frappuccino frappe.
4. Peppermint mocha
It wouldn't be Christmas without a chocolate mint coffee! Starbucks combines these classic holiday flavours with whipped cream and chocolate shavings. Served hot, iced or as a Frappuccino smoothie.
5. NEW! Iced gingerbread oat chai
This new addition to the menu offers a perfect balance of festive flavours, combining comforting notes of gingerbread, a harmonious blend of chai spices and creamy oatmeal. Serve hot or iced. “It's a declaration of love to gingerbread and ginger," said Matt Thornton, Senior Beverage Developer at Starbucks. "The gingerbread flavour accentuates the chai spices.”
With over 170,000 ways to customize orders in Starbucks cafés, customers can create drinks to suit their tastes. For instance, you can add a few pumps of gingerbread syrup to your daily latte, or turn your drink into a Frappuccino. Get creative!
Do you like to personalize your drinks? Here are some barista-approved tips on how to create the perfect drink.
- Ask for Starbucks Blonde Espresso: opt for Starbucks Blonde Espresso in your espresso drink instead of the traditional Signature Espresso that baristas use (it's no extra charge!). Starbucks Blonde Espresso is mild and slightly sweet, making it perfect for unsweetened drinks like an Americano or Cappuccino, hot or iced.
- Choose your milk: customers can choose from whole, 2% or skimmed milk, as well as non-dairy alternatives such as soy, coconut, almond and oat.
- Ask for less syrup: to reduce the sugar content of your flavoured drink, ask for less syrup or opt for a sugar-free syrup.
- Ask for "less whipped cream" or "no whipped cream"
- Opt for a "light" version: most espresso-based drinks and artisanal Frappuccino®s can be requested "light," which means that the drink is prepared with skimmed milk, without whipped cream and with a sugar-free syrup if available.
Please note that all holiday menu items are available at locations across Canada for a limited time only, while stocks last.
Our favourite pumpkin desserts