Want to make sure you can handle the hustle and bustle of back-to-school season? Do these seven simple things to save time and help your days be as seamless as possible.
When September hits and the kids are back at school, the roads are more congested and work seems more hectic, any extra time that can be saved during the day can feel like a blessing. We asked Vancouver-based professional organizer Marie Potter for her simple strategies for shaving off a few extra seconds.
1. Use voice texting (and remember to check the spelling).
2. Don't do for kids what they can do for themselves.
3. Before you take to the road, plan your trip via apps to avoid traffic jams and get you to your destination using the quickest route.
4. Sign up for grocery delivery and create a "favourites" list to save time on selecting regularly ordered items.
5. Choose outfits for the work-week on Sunday, and hang them in order of Monday to Friday.
6. Cook some larger meals and eat leftovers for a day or two. (See our best big-batch recipes at canadianliving.com/bigbatch.)
7. Use computer shortcuts (keystrokes that open files faster); they can save you the equivalent of eight days a year.