ON NEWSSTANDS : September 12th
Welcome to our Comfort Cooking issue, chock-full of the delights of fall. It may interest you to know that some CL staffers were in favour of calling this the Apple issue instead. Why, you ask? Well, in this edition, we have devoted 20 pages to this blissful fruit, one of our very favourite treats of the season!
Although apples originally hailed from China, Canada has a long history with this storied food. The first Canadian apples were grown in Nova Scotia by French settlers in the 1600s, and by the late 1700s, farmers across the country were relying on apple production for a living. Apples are now our most important tree fruit crop, and we’re proud to say that top sellers like Spartan, Ambrosia and McIntosh varieties were born right here.
With all the good flavour apples bring, it’s no wonder we’re highlighting them, especially since, at this time of year, their versatility makes them the perfect embodiment of both cozy and comfort. It’s a pleasure year-round to bite into a crisp raw apple, sure, but in the fall we yearn for devouring them in warm, nostalgic treats like pies, cakes, sauces and drinks. You’ll find versions of all of these in our Cook & Eat section, but apples are our Superfood this issue as well (see page 46). That means that, as delicous as they are, they’re really good for you, too! Now, we ask you… How do you like them apples?
Inside our October 2022 issue :
- The latest trends from the world of beauty
- The hottest makeup, skin- and hair-care products of the season
- All you need to know to attack hair loss at the roots
- Techniques to achieve fuller, luminous brows
- One tie-neck blouse, three fun ensembles
- Fall in love with this autumn’s unique styles
- A financial literacy advocate shares tips for making the most of your grocery bucks
- Inspired designs to take your bathroom from basic to beautiful
- Delicious weeknight suppers that come together in a snap
- A veggie-rich meal that’s chock-full of local produce
- An apple pie that’s a fun and pretty twist on classic versions
+ OUR THANKSGIVING SPECIAL (ONLY IN NEWSSTANDS)
- Party-perfect drinks and sophisticated starters
- Tried-and-true techniques for cooking mouthwatering turkey
- Inventive sides that just might steal the show
- These decadent treats will have you giving thanks for chocolate, caramel and more
Buy it online or get it in newsstands