1. Did you know that up to 70 percent of women avoid exercise because they’re worried about leaks? Knix, the Toronto-based brand known for its famous leakproof undies is having none of that! The company recently launched its most absorbent leakproof activewear line called LeakStrong. Both the new shorts and leggings are made with durable quick-dry material and can hold up to 6 tsp of liquid, so that you can confidently move your body without having bladder drips, menstrual blood or sweat leaking through. Time to get moving!
2. You were a fan of The Body Shop’s Drops of Youth collection, get ready for your next obsession. The new Edelweiss line harnesses the power of this tiny alpine flower to deliver some serious skin benefits. Turns out that edelweiss produces its own antioxidant that helps the plant thrive in harsh conditions, and it does just the same for your skin. The new collection defends against environmental aggressors and protects the skin’s natural barrier while leaving behind a beautiful glow. Our favourites include the moisturizing cream, eye mask and jelly mist, which work together to refresh and smooth the complexion. THE BODY SHOP Edelweiss Intense Smoothing Cream, $25, Bouncy Eye Mask, $35, and Bouncy Jelly Mist, $22, thebodyshop.ca.
3. Wake up your taste buds with Hello’s meyer lemon + ginseng fresh mint flavoured toothpaste— the flavour blend is energizing and perfect for starting your day off right! When it’s time to brush your teeth before bed, switch to the brand’s lavender + chamomile fresh mint flavour to wind down for slumber town. Both pastes naturally whiten teeth, remove plaque and taste amazing!
Hello Good Morning Fluoride Free TOOTHPASTE and Good Night Fluoride Free TOOTPASTE, $6.50 each, walmart.ca.
4. Fall is the season of transitional weather—and it can get mucky! So we couldn’t be more excited about donning this trendy combo of rainboot and slip-ons. Fall is the season of transitional weather—and it can get mucky! So we couldn’t be more excited about donning this trendy combo of rainboot and slip-ons.
5. Popular crafting brand Cricut has come out with a new and improved cutting machine, the Cricut Maker 3. This iteration is up to twice as fast and 10 times as powerful as previous models. Able to cut more than 300 different materials, including leather, tissue paper and silk, there are no limits to the creations you can make! Use this machine to create personalized name cards for your Thanksgiving table, or get a head start on your Christmas cards. Just download Cricut’s Design Space app to browse predesigned projects, make your own designs and operate your new machine. CRICUT Cricut Maker 3, $550, cricut.com.
6. Just in time for cozy cooking season, one of our favourite cookbook authors is back! Canadian icon Bonnie Stern is releasing her new book, written with her daughter, Anna Rupert, on September 20. Don’t Worry, Just Cook features 125 recipes for classic, nourishing dishes that appeal to both kitchen novices and experts, all delivered in Stern’s signature encouraging, accessible style. Variations and notes for modifying the recipes, as well as personal stories and essays peppered thoroughout round out the pages, and help ensure that the women’s mission of fostering comfort and connection through food is deliciously accomplished.
7. Don’t Worry, Just Cook (Appetite by Random House) by Bonnie Stern & Anna Rupert, $35, September 20. Shoppers Drug Mart’s beloved exclusive makeup brand Quo Beauty is making waves with its latest Big Planet, Big Love collection. A range of sustainable makeup, nail polishes, jewellery and personalcare products makes up the line—boasting vegan, cruelty-free formulas and materials, as well as more eco-friendly packaging. We’re especially loving the Mesh Sponge (made of 100 percent recycled plastic), the Reusable Swabs and Bamboo Cleansing Pads (which both help to reduce single-use plastics from entering landfills and waterways) and the Plant-Based Blending Sponge (made with 60 percent plant-derived material, making it a more sustainable alternative to traditional blending sponges). Win win for Quo and the environment! QUO BEAUTY Mesh Sponge, $5, Plant-Based Blending Sponge, $9, Bamboo Cleansing Pads, $17, Reusable Swabs, $14/pair, shoppersdrugmart.ca.
8. We all know the importance of getting a good night’s sleep. Your pillows, mattress, and yes, your bedding, all play a part in achieving that optimal comfort. And that’s what Canadian pals Julia Reid and Hallie Gould are offering with their bedlinen company, tuck. The duo’s brand of ethically-manufactured bedlinens are incredibly soft yet durable and made from sustainably sourced organic materials so that you can sleep easy and comfortably. Plus, you can choose from a variety of chic colourways to imbue your boudoir with both style and serenity. The Crisp PILLOW CASES in Lilac and Sage, $59/each pair, The Crisp DUVET COVER in Sage, $169, tuck.ca.
9. October 10th is World Mental Health Day— a global initiative by the World Health Organization. This year’s theme is “Making Mental Health & Well-Being for All a Global Priority.” The goal is for individuals, communities and governments to value mental health just as much as physical health. This can help erase stigma and place a greater importance on making mental health support initiatives stronger and more accessible for all
10. If you’ve ever wondered where the chicken breasts or steaks you’re putting in your grocery cart really come from, truLOCAL is for you. This Canadian meat subscription service conveniently delivers locally sourced, highquality meats and seafood right to your door. The company aims to connect you to the sources of your food, from local farmers and butchers to delivery drivers, so you can feel confident that you’re supporting local business while also cooking up delicious dinners. Create your own custom box or choose from options like Surf & Turf and Chicken & Beef. The only hard part is having to decide what you’re craving! trulocal.ca