This spring, the beauty forecast calls for natural and bushy yet groomed eyebrows. If your brows are sparse, unruly or just not picture-perfect, here's an index of tools to get them in shape on any budget.
Compacts complete with tiny but effective tools.
• NYC Browser Brush-on Brow Kit: a definite steal, with brow powder, grooming wax, brow brush and mini tweezers all for $4.95
• LancÃ´me Brow Expert Design Kit: powder, tinted pomade, tweezers and two blending tools, $50.50
• DuWop Browwow: powder, gloss (for control), double-sided brush and highlighter for the brow bone, $39
• Chanel Le Sourcil de Chanel Perfect Brows: three blendable powders, two brushes and tweezers, $68
Brow definers with brushes for blending to a natural finish.
• Almay Brow Defining Pencil, $8.95
• Annabelle Eyebrow Pencil, $5.75
• Rimmel Professional Eyebrow Pencil, $5.99
• Marcelle Accent Eyebrow Crayon, $8.50
• Prescriptives BrowShaping Pencil, $20
• Shiseido The Makeup Eyebrow Pencil, $17
• Guerlain Divinora Eyebrow Pencil, $25
Stuff to put and keep unruly brows in their place.
• Maybelline Great Lash Clear Mascara for Lash and Brow: a 2-in-1 clear gel that works on eyebrows and eyelashes, $6.99
• CoverGirl Professional Natural Lash in Clear: a double whammy for lashes and brows, with a curved brush, $6.99
• Revlon Brow Fantasy Pencil and Gel: a pencil on one end and a tinted gel on the other to colour, shape and set brows, $9.95
• M.A.C Brow Set: for the more daring, a tinted gel in bold bronze "Show-off," $15.50
• YSL Eyebrow Enhancer Duo: a tinted gel on one end and setting gel on the other, $35
• Smashbox Brow Tech: a split pan featuring tinted powder and colourless wax. Apply with a stiff brow brush (such as Smashbox #12 brush, $28) to tidy and control brows, $30
Grooming, trimming and tweezing implements to sculpt and set.
• Life Brand Mini Tweezers: perfect for tiny purses, $3.97
• Sally Hansen La Cross Premier Point Tip Tweezers: great for gripping and tweezing fine hairs, $16.24
• Sephora Touch-Up Razor: to finely shave unwanted hairs; the safety cap has a built-in brow brush and lash comb, $23
• Sephora Scissors with Brow Attachment: the wee comblike attachment allows you to brush your brows as you trim, $27
• Bobbi Brown Eyebrow Brush: made from boar hair, an angled brush that applies powder while naturally combing and grooming brows, $28
• Lise Watier Double-Applicator Eyebrow Brush: two-sided brush and mascara wand to put brows in their place and apply powder, $14.50
On the go
Tools to keep brows beautiful wherever you are.
• PurMinerals Brow Perfection: compact with wax and powder on top and a little brush and mirror underneath, $16.50
• The Body Shop Brow and Liner Kit: a mirrored compact with a two-sided brush and two shades of powder for a custom blend, $18
• Clinique Brow Shaper: a single powder plus brush in a handy mirrored case, $19.50
• Laura Mercier Brow Powder Duo: two complementary shades of powder (one light, one dark), plus mirror, $33
New and inventive ideas to beautify your brows.
• Benefit High-Brow Brow Lighting Pencil: a matte pink pencil to apply directly beneath the arch of your brows for an instant lift, $24
• Anastasia NÃºBrow Brow Enhancing Serum: a growth-stimulating serum for the sparsely browed, straight from Hollywood's reigning queen of celebrity eyebrows, $35
• Stila Brow Polish: tinted gel-cream with an innovative brush that features longer bristles for definition on one side and shorter bristles for shaping on the other, $10
A final note
Regardless of budget, do undergo a professional brow shaping if you're uncertain about tweezing them yourself -- it's worth the investment. Visit a local salon, or ask your friend with the best brows for a recommendation.