Happy First Weekend of 2013!
I’m going to take advantage of the first weekend in a while that isn’t overscheduled with family time or feasting (not that I can complain about either!) and play with some of the crafty toys I got for Christmas. The most exciting one is a Singer 14CG754C ProFinish Serger, which I am anxious to take for a spin. I learned some of the basics through the Serger Essentials class at The Workroom, but I’m not sure I remember all the details. All I know is that threading it requires tweezers. So I’ll let you know how I do.
Here are some things I came across this week that might inspire you to start up a new project or finish an old one. Have a great weekend!
- Sparkle is not just for New Year’s Eve! Sequin fabric will add some zazz to your everyday attire.
- I love The Purl Bee’s online tutorials. Here’s a roundup of the best from 2012. The list of reader favourites from A Beautiful Mess is fantastic too.
- Despite my troubles with quilting, I’m tempted by this gorgeous Feather Bed Quilt from Anna Maria Horner. She’s also posted a free (FREE!) pattern for it and lots of other projects.
- These lovely little plant houses have me thinking of spring.
- A paint-splattered necklace would be fun to make and to wear.
- And just for fun, here’s a citrus salad with yogurt dressing to perk up a wintry Sunday dinner. (Take advantage of blood oranges while they’re in season – I think they’re the best fruit on the planet.)