Click to view larger image
First number is your bust/chest measurement; second is finished garment's bust/chest measurement.
S: 76 to 86.5 cm (30 to 34 ins); 94 cm (37 ins)
M: 91.5 to 96.5 cm (36 to 38 ins); 104 cm (41 ins)
L: 101.5 to 106.5 cm (40 to 42 ins); 114.5 cm (45 ins)
XL: 112 to 117 cm (44 to 46 ins); 123 cm (48-1/2 ins)
XXL: 122 to 137 cm (48 to 54 ins); 147.5 cm (58 ins)
XXXL: 142 to 157.5 cm (56 to 62 ins); 169 cm (66-1/2 ins)
• Patons Shetland Chunky (100 g) 75 per cent acrylic/25 per cent wool yarn as follows:*
7(8,9,9,10,11) balls of Main Colour (MC)
5(5,6,6,6,7) balls of Contrast Colour A (A)
2 balls of Contrast Colour B (B)
• One pair of 5.5 mm needles
• One pair of 6 mm needles OR whichever needles you require to produce the tension given below
• Stitch markers, stitch holders and tapestry needle
• 50(50,55,55,55)cm separating zipper and thread to match MC
*Lady’s jacket is shown in No. 03022 Taupe (MC), No. 03008 Aran (A) and No. 03705 Red Robin (B); man’s is shown in No. 03031 Earthy Brown (MC), No. 03008 Aran (A) and No. 03040 Black (B).
15 sts and 20 rows = 10 cm (4 ins) in Stocking stitch using larger needles. Work to exact tension with specified yarn to obtain satisfactory results. TO SAVE TIME, TAKE TIME TO CHECK TENSION.
• Chart I
• Chart II
• Chart III
• Chart IV
• Chart V
• Chart VI
• Photostatically enlarge charts if necessary.
• Read charts carefully, noting any inc and dec at beg and end of rows as indicated by outlines.
• When working charts, work knit rows from right to left and purl rows from left to right, and place st marker at beg and end of Charts II and III, then move up in successive rows. Carry yarn loosely across a maximum of 3 stitches on wrong side OR weave over and under colour in use at every 4th stitch or at centre of stitches it passes over (whichever is less).
• Wind small ball of B for each reindeer motif; to prevent a hole when changing colours, wind new colour under and around colour just used.
With MC and smaller needles, cast on 69(77,85,91,109,125)sts.
**Row 1 (right side): K1, [p1, k1] to end of row.
Row 2: P1, [k1, p1] to end of row.
Rep last 2 rows 6 times more.
Change to larger needles and work 6 rows in St st thus ending with right side facing for next row.
Complete Chart I.**
With MC, work 8 rows in St st.
With A, work 2 rows in St st, thus ending with right side facing for next row.
Next row: With A, k5(9,13,16,25,33); work first row of Chart II; with A, k9; work first row of Chart III; with A, k5(9,13,16,25,33).
Charts II and III are now in position; keeping continuity, cont working charts until Row 36 is complete, thus ending with right side facing for next row.
To shape raglan:
Complete charts, casting off 4 sts at beg of next and foll row. 61(69,77,83,101,117)sts now on needle.
For XL, XXL and XXXL: Dec 1 st at each end of next row.
For all sizes: Complete Chart IV. Cast off.
Pocket (make 2)
With MC and larger needles, cast on 19 sts. Work 26 rows even in St st, thus ending with wrong side facing for next row; slip onto st holder.
Page 1 of 2