This recipe makes 6 servings
|Per serving: about||-|
|total fat||16 g|
- Portion size: 6
If you're unfamiliar with tofu, this salad is a good way to try it. The strips of tofu are similar to marinated mozzarella in appearance, taste and texture. Serve this salad as a light lunch or first course with crusty bread.
- 4 oz 4ozextra-firm tofu
- 1 cup 1cupbroccoli floretbroccoli florets
- 1 can (19 oz/540 mL) 1can (19 oz/540 mL)chickpeachickpeas
- 1 1small sweet red peppersweet red peppers or sweet green pepper
- 1/2 1/2seedless cucumberseedless cucumbers
- 1 cup 1cuphalved cherry tomatocherry tomatoes
- 1/4 cup 1/4cupblack oliveblack olives, (preferably Kalamata)
- 3 oz 3ozmozzarella cheese, cubed (1/2 cup/125 mL)
- 2 tbsp 2tbspchopped fresh parsley
- 2 oz 2ozfeta cheese, crumbled Dressing:
- 2 tbsp 2tbspred wine vinegar
- 1 1green oniongreen onions, minced
- 2 2cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp 1tspDijon mustard
- 1/2 tsp 1/2tspdried basil
- 1/2 tsp 1/2tspdried oregano
- 1/4 tsp 1/4tspsalt
- 1/4 tsp 1/4tsppepper
- 3 tbsp 3tbspolive oil
Dressing: In bowl, whisk vinegar, onion, garlic, mustard, basil, oregano, salt and pepper; gradually whisk in oil.
Cut tofu into 1-1/2 inch (4 cm) long strips, about 1/4 inch (5 mm) wide; add to dressing. Let stand at room temperature for 1 hour.
In saucepan of boiling salted water, cook broccoli just until tender-crisp; drain and refresh under cold water. Drain again; place in large bowl.
Rinse chickpeas under cold water; drain and add to bowl.
Slice sweet red pepper into thin strips and cut cucumber into chunks; add to bowl along with tomatoes, olives, mozzarella, parsley, dressing and tofu. Toss gently.
Cover and refrigerate, stirring occasionally, for at least 1 hour or up to 2 days. Taste and adjust seasoning.
To serve, toss gently and sprinkle with feta cheese.
Source : © CanadianLiving.com