These savoury cheese-filled pastries come together in minutes and can be personalized to suit your tastes. Try cooked bacon and Cheddar, sun-dried tomatoes and mozzarella, or sliced pitted olives and Havarti.
- Prep time 20 minutes
- Total time 1 hour & 45 minutes
- 1 sheet (half 450 g pkg) frozen butter puff pastry , thawed
- 1/2 cup jarred roasted red peppers , drained, chopped and thoroughly patted dry
- 1/2 cup shredded Fontina cheese
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup lightly packed fresh basil , thinly sliced
- 2 cloves garlic , finely grated or pressed
On parchment paper–lined rimless baking sheet, unroll pastry.
In bowl, stir together red peppers, Fontina, Parmesan, basil and garlic; sprinkle over pastry. Tightly roll up pastry. Arrange, seam side down, on sheet of waxed paper; wrap in waxed paper, twisting ends to seal. Refrigerate until chilled, about 1 hour.
Remove waxed paper. Using serrated knife, slice pastry into scant 1/2-inch thick rounds. Arrange, 1 inch apart, on parchment paper– lined rimless baking sheet. Bake in 400°F oven, turning once, until golden, about 20 minutes. (Make-ahead: Let cool completely. Store in airtight container for up to 2 days.) Serve warm or at room temperature.
Makes about 18 pieces.
Nutritional facts Per piece: about
- Sodium 108 mg
- Sugars 1 g
- Protein 2 g
- Calories 73
- Total fat 5 g
- Potassium 18 mg
- Cholesterol 10 mg
- Saturated fat 2 g
- Total carbohydrate 5 g
- Iron 3
- Folate 1
- Calcium 3
- Vitamin A 5
- Vitamin C 17