Toasted sandwich bread is all you need to make these crispy little cups, which become elegant appetizers when topped with your favourite combination of mouthwatering meat, flavourful cheese, dried fruit and fresh herbs. Save the crusts to turn into fresh bread crumbs for later use.
- Portion size 24 servings
- Credits : Canadian Living Magazine: January 2015
- 6 white bread crusts removed
- 2 tablespoons butter melted
On flat work surface, use rolling pin to flatten bread to 1/8-inch (3 mm) thickness.
Lightly brush both sides of each slice with butter; cut slices into quarters.
Press 1 quarter into each well of mini muffin tin.
Bake in 350°F (180°C) oven until crisp and golden, 12 to 15 minutes. Let cool in pan.
(Make-ahead: Store in airtight container for up to 1 week or freeze for up to 1 month.)
Fill the toast cups with these fun and tasty combinations or use any of your favourite ingredients.
- Fig jam + Gorgonzola cheese + fresh parsley
- Salami + soft goat cheese + fresh basil
- Roast beef + mayonnaise + prepared horseradish + cherry tomato + fresh chives
- Brie cheese + dried cranberries + liquid honey
Nutritional facts per piece: about
- Sodium 37 mg
- Calories 24.0
- Total fat 1 g
- Potassium 7 mg
- Cholesterol 3 mg
- Saturated fat 1 g
- Total carbohydrate 3 g
- Iron 1.0
- Fibre 0.0
- Folate 2.0
- Sodium 0.0
- Sugars 0.0
- Calcium 1.0
- Protein 0.0
- Calories 0.0
- Total fat 0.0
- Vitamin A 1.0
- Vitamin C 0.0
- Potassium 0.0
- Cholesterol 0.0
- Saturated fat 0.0
- Total carbohydrate 0.0