Apple Cranberry Sauce
This recipe makes 3 cups servings
|Per 1/4 cup (50 mL): about||-|
|sat. fat||0 g|
- Portion size: 3 cups (750 mL).
This chunky fruit sauce has a subtle orange flavour that complements turkey beautifully but suits roast chicken, duck, goose or pork as well.
- 2 2appleapples, such as Golden Delicious
- 1 cup 1cupgranulated sugar
- 1 tsp 1tspgrated orange rind
- 1 cup 1cuporange juice
- 1 pkg (300 g) 1pkg (300 g)frozen cranberries or fresh cranberries
- pinch pinchsalt
Peel and core apples; cut each into 12 wedges. In saucepan, bring sugar, orange rind and juice to boil. Add apples, cranberries and salt ; reduce heat and simmer until thick enough to mound on spoon, about 30 minutes. (Make-ahead: Let cool; refrigerate in airtight container for up to 4 days.)