Apple Fennel Celery Salad
This recipe makes 4 servings
|total fat||6 g|
|sat. fat||1 g|
- Portion size: 4 servings
Fennel is edible all the way from its green stems to the pale white bulb; using the whole vegetable is not only practical, but also adds a variety of pretty colours on your plate.
- 1/2 cup 1/2cupthinly sliced fennel
- 1/2 cup 1/2cupsliced celery
- 1/2 cup 1/2cupred seedless grapered seedless grapes, halved
- 1 1Red Delicious appleRed Delicious apples, peeled, cored and chopped
- 1/4 cup 1/4cuptoasted chopped walnutwalnuts Poppy Seed Dressing:
- 1/4 cup 1/4cupBalkan-style plain yogurt
- 1 tbsp 1tbspliquid honey
- 2 tsp 2tsplemon juice
- 1/2 tsp 1/2tspDijon mustard
- 1/4 tsp 1/4tsppoppy seeds
- 1 pinch 1pinchsalt
- 1 pinch 1pinchpaprika
Poppy Seed Dressing: In large bowl, whisk together yogurt, honey, lemon juice, mustard, poppy seeds, salt and paprika until smooth.
Add fennel, celery, grapes and apple; toss to coat. Serve sprinkled with walnuts.
Source : Canadian Living Special Issue: Make-Ahead Meals 2009