Baked Stuffed Eggs with Cheesy Mushroom Sauce
This recipe makes 8 servings
|Per serving: about||-|
|total fat||15 g|
|sat. fat||8 g|
- Portion size: 8
A nice change from the more common stratas, these ham-stuffed eggs are welcome any time of the year.
- 8 8hard-cooked eggs
- 1/4 cup 1/4cuplight sour cream
- 1/2 cup 1/2cupfinely chopped ham, (3 oz/90 g)
- 1 1green oniongreen onions, chopped
- 1 tsp 1tspDijon mustard
- 1 Pinch 1Pinchsalt
- 1 Pinch 1Pinchpepper Sauce:
- 2 tbsp 2tbspbutter
- 1-1/2 cups 1-1/2cupssliced mushroommushrooms
- 1/4 cup 1/4cupall-purpose flour
- 2-1/2 cups 2-1/2cupsmilk
- 1 cup 1cupcrubled sharp cold pack Cheddar cheese, (MacLaren Topping:
- 1 cup 1cupfresh bread crumbs
- 1 tbsp 1tbspbutter, melted
Peel shells from eggs. Cut eggs in half lengthwise; separate yolks and whites. Set whites aside.
In bowl, mash yolks. Stir in sour cream, then ham, onion, mustard, salt and pepper. (Make-ahead: Cover and refrigerate filling and egg whites separately for up to 1 day.) Spoon filling into whites. Set aside.
Sauce: In saucepan, melt butter over medium heat; cook mushrooms, stirring occasionally, for about 5 minutes or until liquid has evaporated. Sprinkle with flour; cook, stirring, for 1 minute. Stir in milk; bring to boil. Reduce heat and cook, stirring, for 3 to 5 minutes or until thickened.
Remove from heat; stir in cheese until melted. Spread one-third in greased 13- x 9-inch (3 L) baking dish. Arrange eggs, filled side up, on top. Pour remaining sauce over eggs.
Topping: Stir bread crumbs with butter; sprinkle over eggs. Bake in 375°F (190°C) oven for about 25 minutes or until bubbly and golden.