This recipe makes 6 servings
|Per serving: about||-|
|total fat||8 g|
|sat. fat||5 g|
This easy side dish makes a nice addition to many breakfasts, such as scrambled eggs and Smoked Fish Hash. If you like, use small tomatoes cut in half.
- 6 6ripe tomatotomatoes, (about 3 lb/1.5 kg)
- 1/4 cup 1/4cupsoftened butter
- 1 1minced clove of garlic
- 1 tbsp 1tbspchopped fresh parsley
- 1 dash 1dashWorcestershire sauce
- 1 pinch 1pincheach of salt and pepper
- 1 cup 1cupfresh bread crumbs
1- Slice tops off stem ends of tomatoes; scoop out about 1 tbsp (15 mL) of the flesh from each.
2- In small bowl, mash together butter, garlic, chopped parsley, Worcestershire sauce, salt and pepper; spoon half into hollows of tomatoes.
3- Melt remaining butter mixture; toss with bread crumbs. Divide among tomatoes. Bake in 8-inch (2 L) square glass baking dish in 425°F (220°C) oven until tomatoes are softened and bread crumbs are golden, 25 to 30 minutes.
Source : Canadian Living Magazine: March 2009