- Portion size 36 servings
- Credits : Canadian Living Holiday Cookbook: Fall 2010
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 6 oz bittersweet chocolate chopped
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter cut in pieces
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder sifted
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cups granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3/4 cups sweetened shredded coconut
- 3 oz milk chocolate chopped
MethodOn baking sheet, toast walnuts in 350°F (180°C) oven until fragrant, about 5 minutes. Set aside.
In heatproof bowl over saucepan of hot (not boiling) water, melt bittersweet chocolate with butter, stirring occasionally. Let cool slightly.
In small bowl, whisk together flour, cocoa, baking powder and salt.
In large bowl, beat eggs with sugar until pale, about 2 minutes. Stir in vanilla and melted chocolate mixture. Stir in flour mixture. Stir in walnuts, coconut and milk chocolate.
Drop by heaping 1 tbsp (15 mL), about 2 inches (5 cm) apart, onto parchment paper–lined or greased baking sheets.
Bake in 350°F (180°C) oven until no longer shiny and tops begin to crack, about 10 minutes. Let cool on pans on racks for 2 minutes; if desired, flatten slightly with spatula. Transfer to racks and let cool completely.
Nutritional facts Per cookie: about
- Sodium 31 mg
- Protein 2 g
- Calories 107.0
- Total fat 7 g
- Potassium 50 mg
- Cholesterol 14 mg
- Saturated fat 3 g
- Total carbohydrate 11 g
- Iron 4.0
- Folate 3.0
- Calcium 1.0
- Vitamin A 2.0