Kids love the tropical combination of pineapple, lime and coconut. In lieu of buying a bag of prepared popcorn, make your own on the stove top. Not only will the kernels be lighter and larger but they also won't have any of the added preservatives. Package the popcorn in small cellophane bags.
- Portion size 11 servings
- Credits : Canadian Living Magazine: February 2013
- 1 cup sweetened shredded coconut
- 2 cups white chocolate coating wafers (such as Merckens)
- 1 teaspoon grated lime zest
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 10 cups popped popcorn (about 1/2 cup unpopped)
- 3/4 cups dried pineapple chopped
MethodOn baking sheet, toast coconut in 350ºF (180ºC) oven, stirring occasionally, until golden, about 5 minutes.
Meanwhile, in microwaveable measure, microwave white chocolate on high, stirring after 30 seconds, until no lumps remain, about 1 minute. Mix in lime zest and salt.
In large bowl, drizzle chocolate mixture over popcorn, pineapple and coconut; toss to coat. Spread on 2 waxed paper–lined baking sheets. Let stand in cool dry place until chocolate is set, about 30 minutes. Break up any large pieces. (Makeahead: Store in airtight container for up to 2 weeks.)