Fall favourites - pears and apples - team together in this easy crisp dessert.
- Portion size 6 servings
- Credits : Canadian Living Magazine: October 2009
- 6 cups chopped, cored and peeled pears
- 2 cups shopped, cored and peeled apples
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup quick cooking rolled oats (not instant)
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 pinch ground nutmeg
- 1/3 cup salted butter melted
MethodIn bowl, toss together pears, apples, flour, sugar, lemon juice and cinnamon until combined; spread in 8-inch (2 L) square glass baking dish. Set aside.
Topping: In small bowl, whisk together oats, sugar, flour and nutmeg; drizzle with butter, tossing with fork until crumbly. Sprinkle over pear mixture.
Bake in 350°F (180°C) oven until pears are tender and topping is golden and crisp, about 1 hour.
Nutritional facts Per serving: about
- Sodium 87 mg
- Protein 5 g
- Calories 430.0
- Total fat 12 g
- Potassium 472 mg
- Cholesterol 27 mg
- Saturated fat 7 g
- Total carbohydrate 82 g
- Iron 15.0
- Folate 18.0
- Calcium 5.0
- Vitamin A 10.0
- Vitamin C 20.0