Barbecue Chicken Panini
This recipe makes 4 servings
|Per serving: about||-|
|total fat||32 g|
|sat. fat||9 g|
- Portion size: 4
Submitted by Cheryl McGinnis of Thunder Bay, Ont., this is a second-place winner of the 2005 Canada Day Chicken Challenge contest.
- 1 tbsp 1tbspvegetable oil
- 3 cups 3cupssliced mushrooms
- 3 tbsp 3tbsplight mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp 1tbsppesto
- 4 4panini bunpanini buns, halved
- 1 cup 1cupshredded Havarti cheese
- 1/2 cup 1/2cupsliced roasted red pepperroasted red peppers
- 4 4oil packed sun dried tomatoes, sliced Marinade:
- 2 tbsp 2tbspvegetable oil
- 2 tbsp 2tbspred wine vinegar
- 1 1clove garliccloves of garlic, minced
- 1 tsp 1tspdried oregano
- 1/2 tsp 1/2tspgranulated sugar
- 1/2 tsp 1/2tspgrainy mustard
- 1/2 tsp 1/2tspsoy sauce
- 1 Pinch 1Pinchpepper
- 4 4boneless skinless chicken breastboneless skinless chicken breasts
In large bowl, whisk together oil, vinegar, garlic, oregano, sugar, mustard, soy sauce and pepper. Add chicken breasts; turn to coat. Let stand for 10 minutes or cover and refrigerate for up to 12 hours.
Place chicken on greased grill over medium heat; spoon any remaining marinade over chicken. Close lid and grill, turning once, until no longer pink inside, about 10 minutes.
Meanwhile, in skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat; saut?ushrooms until browned, about 5 minutes; set aside.
In small bowl, combine mayonnaise with pesto; spread over cut sides of buns. Sandwich chicken, mushrooms, cheese, roasted pepper and sun-dried tomatoes in buns. Place on greased grill over medium heat. Grill, turning once and pressing on sandwich with spatula, until cheese is melted and buns are golden, about 5 minutes.