Barbecued Jumbo Shrimp with Sweet Chili Dipping Sauce
This recipe makes 6 servings
|Per piece: about||-|
|total fat||1 g|
- Portion size: 6 servings, or 18 pieces
Throw a few shrimps on the barbie, mate, for an ideal appetizer.
- 2 lb 2lbraw jumbo shrimp, (about 18) peeled and deveined
- 1 tbsp 1tbspvegetable oil Sweet Chili Dipping Sauce:
- 1/2 cup 1/2cuprice wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup 1/4cuppacked brown sugar
- 1 tsp 1tspgrated lime rind
- 4 tsp 4tsplime juice
- 2 tsp 2tspAsian hot chili sauce or hot pepper sauce
- 2 2garlic clovegarlic cloves, minced
- 1 tsp 1tspcornstarch
- 1 tbsp 1tbspchopped fresh coriander
Sweet Chili Dipping Sauce: In saucepan, bring vinegar, sugar, 2 tbsp (25 mL) water, lime rind and juice, hot sauce and garlic to boil over medium-high heat. Whisk cornstarch with 1 tbsp (15 mL) water; whisk into pan and boil until thickened, about 1 minute. Set aside. (Make-ahead: Let cool; refrigerate in airtight container for up to 2 days.) Stir in coriander.
In large bowl, toss shrimp with oil and half of the sauce; let stand for 10 minutes. Place shrimp on greased grill over medium-high heat; close lid and grill, turning once, until pink, about 6 minutes. Serve hot with remaining sauce for dipping.
Source : Canadian Living Magazine: September 2006; Get Grilling: Summer 2007