Add this boozy punch to your holiday party cocktail menu.
- Prep time 5 minutes
- Total time 5 minutes
- Portion size 1 serving
- 1 1/2 oz Cedar Bourbon (recipe in Method)
- 4 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/2 oz syrup from Spiced Cranberries in Syrup (recipe in Method)
- 5 cranberries from Spiced Cranberries in Syrup (recipe in Method)
- 2 dashes angostura bitters
- 2 tablespoons apple cider
- 1/2 oz ginger beer (optional)
Combine Cedar Bourbon, lemon juice, syrup, cranberries, angostura bitters and apple cider in cocktail shaker; fill with ice, shake and strain into glass. Top with ginger beer (if using).
In canning jar, combine 1/4 cup cedar wood chips and 2 cups bourbon; shake and let stand for 4 hours. Strain.
SPICED CRANBERRIES IN SYRUP
HANDS-ON TIME: 5 minutes
REFRIGERATION TIME: 30 minutes
TOTAL TIME: 30 minutes
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup water
- 2 cups fresh or frozen cranberries
- 4 cinnamon sticks
- 1 star anise
- 4 whole cloves
- 1 tbsp grated orange zest
- 1 cup white rum
In saucepan combine sugar and water; bring to boil, stirring, until sugar is dissolved. Add cranberries, cinnamon, star anise, cloves and orange zest. Cook, stirring frequently until cranberries begin to burst, 2 to 3 minutes. Remove from heat; let cool. Remove cinnamon, star anise and cloves; discard. Add rum; refrigerate until chilled, about 30 minutes.