Sweet spices, winter fruit and sparkling white wine give this sangria a nod to the holiday season. For a pretty garnish, add a star anise to each glass before pouring in the sangria.
- Prep time 10 minutes
- Total time 2 hours & 30 minutes
- 1/2 cup frozen cranberries
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 3 anise
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 1 apple cored and thinly sliced
- 1 pear cored and thinly sliced
- pinch salt
- 3 clementines peeled and cut in segments
- 1/3 cup orange-flavoured liqueur
- 1/4 teaspoon aromatic bitters
- 2 cups ice cubes
- 1 bottle (750 ml) sparkling wine
Place cranberries in heatproof bowl. In small saucepan, bring sugar, star anise, cinnamon sticks and 1/2 cup water to boil, stirring frequently; pour over cranberries. Let cool completely.
In pitcher, combine cranberry mixture, apple, pear and salt. Let stand for 2 hours, stirring twice. Stir in clementines, orange-flavoured liqueur and bitters. Add ice cubes; pour in sparkling wine. Serve immediately.
Makes 6 to 8 servings.
Nutritional facts per each of 8 servings : about
- Fibre 2 g
- Sodium 7 mg
- Sugars 24 g
- Calories 203.0
- Potassium 161 mg
- Cholesterol 0 mg
- Total carbohydrate 27 g
- Iron 3.0
- Folate 4.0
- Calcium 2.0
- Vitamin C 27.0