Bok Choy, Mushroom and Tofu Soup
This recipe makes 8 servings
|Per each of 8 servings: about||-|
|total fat||3 g|
- Portion size: 6 to 8
The stock for this soup should be light in flavour. To use canned or boxed stock, use 3 cups (750 mL) stock and 2 cups (500 mL) water. Serve the soup alongside the dumplings, as you would a side vegetable.
- 5 cups 5cupsChinese Chicken Stock Recipe
- 1 pkg (300 g) 1pkg (300 g)regular or medium tofu, cut into 3/4 inch/2 cm cubes
- 1 cup 1cupthinly sliced mushroommushrooms
- 4 cups 4cupschopped bok choy or spinach or napa cabbage, (12 oz/375 g)
- 1/2 tsp 1/2tspsalt, approx (optional)
- 1 1thinly sliced green oniongreen onions
- 1/2 tsp 1/2tspsesame oil
- 1 pinch 1pinchwhite pepper
- 1/4 cup 1/4cupcoriander leafcoriander leaves, (optional)
Chinese Chicken Stock
In Dutch oven, bring stock to boil; add tofu and mushrooms. Reduce heat and simmer until mushrooms are tender, about 3 minutes.
Add bok choy; simmer until tender-crisp, about 3 minutes. Taste and add salt if desired. Transfer to serving bowl. Sprinkle with onion, sesame oil and pepper. Top with coriander (if using).
Source : Canadian Living Magazine: February 2009