Broccoli and Cauliflower Salad
This recipe makes 16 servings
|Per each of 16 servings: about||-|
|total fat||7 g|
|sat. fat||1 g|
- Portion size: 12 to 16
This fresh crisp salad is a nice addition to a plate of munchies. Toss the vegetables with dressing just before serving to keep their bright colour.
- 1 bunch 1bunchbroccoli, 1 lb/500 g
- 1 head 1headcauliflower, 1 lb/500 g
- 1/3 cup 1/3cupextra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup 1/4cuplemon juice
- 1 1clove garliccloves of garlic, minced
- 2 tsp 2tspDijon mustard
- 1/2 tsp 1/2tspsalt
- 1/4 tsp 1/4tsppepper
- 1/2 cup 1/2cuptoasted pine nutpine nuts
- 1 1sweet red peppersweet red peppers, thinly sliced
- 1-1/2 cups 1-1/2cupssweet onion or red onion
Cut broccoli and cauliflower into florets to make 6 cups (1.5 L) each. Peel broccoli stalks; slice thinly.
Fill large bowl with ice water; set aside. In large pot of boiling salted water, blanch cauliflower then broccoli until tender-crisp, about 3 minutes each, transferring with slotted spoon to ice water to chill. Drain well and set aside. (Make-ahead: Refrigerate in airtight container for up to 6 hours.)
In large bowl, whisk together oil, lemon juice, garlic, mustard, salt and pepper. Just before serving, add broccoli, cauliflower, pine nuts, red pepper and onion; toss to coat.
Source : Canadian Living Magazine: January 2005