Cajun Crab Cakes
Cajun Crab Cakes
Photography by Matthew Kimura
This recipe makes 32 servings
|Per piece: about||-|
|total fat||4 g|
- Portion size: 32
Crispy on the outside, soft on the inside, these appetizers have just a hint of heat. If you make and freeze a batch ahead, they'll require just a quick sauté to be ready.
- 2 pkg (each 7 oz/200 g) 2pkg (each 7 oz/200 g)frozen crabmeat, thawed
- 1-1/3 cups 1-1/3cupscrushed unsalted soda crackerunsalted soda crackers, (about 35)
- 1 cup 1cuplight mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup 1/4cupfinely diced carrot
- 1/4 cup 1/4cupfinely diced sweet green peppersweet green peppers
- 1/4 cup 1/4cupgrated radishradishes
- 1/4 cup 1/4cupfinely chopped green oniongreen onions
- 1 tbsp 1tbspCajun seasoning
- 1 tbsp 1tbspDijon mustard
- 1 tsp 1tsphot pepper sauce
- 1/4 tsp 1/4tspsalt
- 1/4 tsp 1/4tsppepper
- 1/2 cup 1/2cuplight sour cream
- 2 tbsp 2tbspchopped fresh chives
- 2 tbsp 2tbspvegetable oil
Place crabmeat in sieve; pick through to remove any cartilage. Press firmly to remove liquid. Transfer to large bowl; stir in crackers, mayonnaise, carrot, green pepper, radishes, green onions, Cajun seasoning, mustard, hot pepper sauce, salt and pepper until combined.
Press heaping tablespoonfuls (15 mL) into 1/2-inch (1 cm) thick patties. (Make-ahead: Freeze on baking sheet until firm, about 2 hours. Layer between waxed paper in airtight container and freeze for up to 2 weeks. Thaw in refrigerator.)
In small bowl, stir sour cream with chives. Set aside.
In nonstick skillet, heat 1 tbsp (15 mL) of the oil over medium-high heat. Cook crab cakes, in batches and adding more oil as necessary, until golden, 3 minutes per side. Serve with sour cream mixture.