Cheese-Stuffed Banana Peppers
This recipe makes 6 servings
|per serving: about||-|
|total fat||5 g|
|sat. fat||3 g|
- Preparation time: 10 minutes
- Cook time : 6 minutes
- Total time : PT16M
- Portion size: 6
Serve with crusty bread.
- 6 6banana pepperbanana peppers
- 1 cup 1cupfinely diced mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup 1cupdiced sweet onion
- 2 tbsp 2tbspfinely grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tbsp 2tbspminced parsley
- 4 tsp 4tspdrained rinsed capers
- Pinch Pinchpepper
- 2 2slices bread, crusts removed
- Pinch Pinchsalt
- Extra-virgin olive oil
Cut tops off banana peppers as close to stems as possible. With paring knife, remove cores; with small spoon, scoop out seeds and membranes. Rinse insides to remove any remaining seeds; shake out water.
In small bowl, mix together mozzarella, onion, Parmesan, parsley, capers and pepper; spoon into each pepper, pushing into peppers until 1 inch (2.5 cm) below top. Tear bread and stuff into space to seal.
Place on greased grill over medium-high heat; close lid and grill, turning often, until tender, lightly charred and cheese is melted, 6 to 8 minutes. Transfer to serving dish; sprinkle with salt. Drizzle with oil as desired.
Source : August 2009