- Portion size: 4
This recipe makes 4 servings
|Per serving: about||-|
|total fat||26 g|
|sat. fat||12 g|
Racing against the clock? This pizza from our May issue "1, 2, 3, Supper!" story will come out of the oven in no time flat. Then just add some cheeseburger-inspired toppings, such as pickled hot peppers, diced tomatoes and shredded lettuce.
- 8 oz 8ozlean ground beef
- 1 1small onion, chopped
- 3 3cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp 1/2tspdried oregano
- 1/4 tsp 1/4tspsalt
- 1/4 tsp 1/4tsppepper
- 1 lb 1lbpizza dough
- 1/4 cup 1/4cuppizza sauce or pasta sauce
- 3/4 cup 3/4cupshredded Cheddar cheese
- 3/4 cup 3/4cupshredded mozzarella cheese
1. In skillet, fry beef, onion, garlic, oregano, salt and pepper over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally, until beef is no longer pink, about 5 minutes. Drain off fat. Set aside.
2. On lightly floured surface, roll out dough into 12-inch (30 cm) circle, letting rest if too elastic to roll; centre on greased 12-inch (30 cm) pizza pan.
3. Spread pizza sauce over dough. Top evenly with beef mixture. Sprinkle with Cheddar and mozzarella cheeses. Bake on lowest rack position in 500°F (260°C) oven until cheese is bubbly and crust is golden and slightly puffed, about 10 minutes.
Source : Canadian Living Magazine: May 2005