This recipe makes 6 servings
|Per serving: about||-|
|total fat||5 g|
- Portion size: 6
Whether you're a vegetarian or simply looking for a tasty alternative to a meat burger, you'll love this grain and-legume burger.
- 1 can (19 oz/540 mL) 1can (19 oz/540 mL)chickpeachickpeas, drained
- 1 cup 1cupcooked rice
- 1/3 cup 1/3cupgrated onion
- 1/3 cup 1/3cupgrated carrot
- 1/3 cup 1/3cupgrated zucchini
- 1/4 cup 1/4cupdry breadcrumbs
- 1 1eggeggs, beaten
- 1 1clove garliccloves of garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp 2tbsptahinitahini or peanut butter
- 1 tbsp 1tbsplemon juice
- 1/2 tsp 1/2tspsalt
- 1/4 tsp 1/4tsppepper
- 1/4 tsp 1/4tspdry mustard
- 3 3pita breadpita breads
In large bowl and using potato masher, mash chickpeas coarsely; stir in rice, onion, carrot, zucchini, bread crumbs, egg, garlic, tahini, lemon juice, salt, pepper and mustard. Shape into six 3/4-inch (2 cm) thick patties.
Place on greased grill over medium-high heat; cook for about 5 minutes per side or until golden brown. Halve pita breads; place burger in each pocket.