Chicken and Mushroom Bundles
This recipe makes 8 servings
|Per serving: about||-|
|total fat||20 g|
|sat. fat||7 g|
- Portion size: 8
- 2 tbsp 2tbspolive oil
- 1-1/2 lb 1-1/2lbboneless chicken breastboneless chicken breasts, cubed
- 1-1/2 lb 1-1/2lbBoneless chicken thighs, cubed
- 5 cups 5cupsquartered mushrooms, (about 1 lb/500 gr)
- 4 4cloves garlic, minced
- 2 2shallotshallots, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup 1/4cupall-purpose flour
- 2 cups 2cupschicken stock
- 1/4 cup 1/4cupchopped fresh parsley
- 1 tbsp 1tbspchopped fresh oregano
- 1 tbsp 1tbspchopped fresh thyme
- 1 tbsp 1tbspchopped fresh sage
- 1-1/2 cups 1-1/2cupsred wine
- 16 16sheets phyllo pastry
- 1/3 cup 1/3cupbutter, melted
In large shallow Dutch oven, heat oil over medium-high heat; cook chicken, in batches and stirring, for 8 minutes or until no longer pink inside. With slotted spoon, transfer to bowl.
Add mushrooms, garlic and shallots to pan; cook over medium-high heat for 8 minutes or until liquid is evaporated. Stir in flour; cook for 1 minute. Gradually whisk in stock, parsley, oregano, thyme and sage; bring to boil. Reduce heat and simmer, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes or until thickened. Return chicken to pan.
Meanwhile, in small saucepan, boil wine until reduced to 1/2 cup (125 mL); stir into chicken mixture. Let cool completely.
Lay 1 sheet of phyllo on work surface; brush with butter. Top with second sheet; brush with butter. Mound 1 cup (250 mL) filling 2 inches (5 cm) from 1 short side. Fold sides over; roll up. Place, seam side down, on parchment paper-lined baking sheet. Brush with butter. Repeat to make 8 bundles. Bake in 425°F (220°C) oven for 15 minutes or until golden. Let cool slightly.