Chicken and Vegetable Noodle Soup
This recipe makes 12 servings
|Per serving: about||-|
|total fat||4 g|
|sat. fat||1 g|
- Portion size: 12
This thick, hearty, ultraquick soup makes enough for supper plus more to freeze for those busy days ahead. If desired, add more stock when serving.
- 6 cups 6cupschicken stock
- 8 8skinless chicken thighskinless chicken thighs, (1-1/2 lb/750 g)
- 1 1oniononions, chopped
- 2 2celery stalkcelery stalks, chopped
- 2 2carrotcarrots, chopped
- 1/2 tsp 1/2tspdried thyme
- 1/4 tsp 1/4tspsalt
- 1/4 tsp 1/4tsppepper
- 1 cup 1cupfrozen peas or cut green beans
- 1 cup 1cupfrozen corn kernels
- 3 cups 3cupsegg noodles
- 1 tbsp 1tbspchopped fresh parsley
In large saucepan, bring chicken stock and 3 cups (750 mL) water to boil. Add chicken, onion, celery, carrots, thyme, salt and pepper; reduce heat, cover and simmer until juices run clear when chicken is pierced, about 30 minutes. Skim off any foam. Let cool for 30 minutes. Refrigerate until cold.
Remove chicken and separate meat from bones; cube meat and return to broth. (Make-ahead: Refrigerate in airtight containers for up to 2 days or freeze for up to 1 month. Thaw in refrigerator, about 36 hours. Return soup to saucepan.)
Bring to simmer over medium-low heat. Add peas, corn and noodles; cover and cook until noodles are tender but firm, about 8 minutes. Sprinkle with parsley.
Source : Canadian Living Magazine: November 2003