Chicken and Vegetable Rice Casserole
This recipe makes 4 servings
|Per serving: about||-|
|total fat||9 g|
|sat. fat||1 g|
- Portion size: 4
Add some chicken and a few favourite residents of your refrigerator crisper to the rice mix for a family-pleasing dinner that's ready in 15 minutes.
- 12 oz 12ozboneless skinless chicken breastboneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 tbsp 1tbspvegetable oil
- 2 2celery stalkcelery stalks, sliced
- 3 cups 3cupssliced mushroommushrooms
- 6 cups 6cupsRice and Vegetable Base recipe
- 1 cup 1cupfrozen peas
- 1/4 cup 1/4cupsoy sauce
- 2 tbsp 2tbsprice vinegar or wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp 1tbsphoisin sauce or ketchup or barbecue sauce
- 1 tsp 1tspWorcestershire sauce
Cut chicken into bite-size pieces. In shallow Dutch oven or large saucepan, heat half of the oil over medium-high heat; cook chicken, stirring often, until no longer pink inside, about 5 minutes. Remove to plate.
Add remaining vegetable oil to pan; cook celery and mushrooms for 5 minutes or until no liquid remains. Return chicken to pan. Add Rice and Vegetable Base and peas; cook, stirring occasionally, until heated through.
In small bowl, mix together soy sauce, vinegar, hoisin sauce and Worcestershire sauce; sprinkle over rice mixture and stir to combine. Cook, stirring, until heated through.