Chicken and Vegetable Soba Noodle Stir-Fry
- Preparation time: 20 minutes
- Total time : 20 minutes
- Portion size: 4
This recipe makes 4 servings
|Per serving: about||-|
|total fat||5 g|
|sat. fat||1 g|
|dietary fibre||4 g|
Soba noodles, which are made with buckwheat flour, are delicious hot or cold. In this dish, the chicken breast is sliced thinly, so a little goes a long way. If you find the chicken difficult to slice, try putting it in the freezer for 15 minutes to firm up a bit.
- 1/3 cup 1/3cupsodium-reduced chicken broth
- 1 tbsp 1tbspoyster sauce
- 1 tsp 1tspcornstarch
- 1/4 tsp 1/4tspsesame oil
- 8 oz 8ozsoba noodles
- 1 tbsp 1tbspvegetable oil
- 8 oz 8ozboneless skinless chicken breastboneless skinless chicken breasts, thinly sliced
- 5 oz 5ozshiitake mushroomshiitake mushrooms, stemmed and quartered
- 2 2cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp 1tspminced fresh ginger
- 8 oz 8ozbaby bok choy, (about 3 stalks), halved and sliced lengthwise
- 1 1sweet red peppersweet red peppers, thinly sliced
- 1 1green oniongreen onions, thinly sliced
Whisk together broth, oyster sauce, cornstarch and sesame oil; set aside.
In large pot of boiling water, cook soba noodles according to package directions. Drain and set aside.
In large nonstick skillet or wok, heat 1 tsp of the vegetable oil over medium-high heat; cook chicken, stirring often, until no longer pink inside, about 3 minutes. Transfer to plate.
Add remaining oil, mushrooms, garlic and ginger to pan; cook, stirring, until garlic is fragrant, about 1 minute. Add bok choy and red pepper; cook, stirring, until tendercrisp, about 4 minutes.
Add broth mixture, noodles and chicken to pan; cook, stirring to coat with sauce, for 1 minute. Sprinkle with green onion.
Additional information :
Change It Up
Tofu and Vegetable Soba Noodle Stir-Fry
Substitute vegetable broth for chicken broth, and 12 oz (340 g) sliced extra-firm tofu for chicken.
Source : Canadian Living Magazine: February 2013