Chicken Pad Thai
Chicken Pad Thai
Photography by Matthew Kimura
This recipe makes 4 servings
|Per serving: about||-|
|total fat||14 g|
|sat. fat||2 g|
- Portion size: 4
Air-chilled chicken has less moisture than chicken conventionally cooled in water during processing. Though more expensive by weight, air-chilled chicken shrinks less during cooking and has superior flavour and texture.
- 1/2 pkg (14 oz/400 g) 1/2pkg (14 oz/400 g)wide rice stick noodles
- 2/3 cup 2/3cupchicken stock
- 1/2 cup 1/2cupketchup
- 1/4 cup 1/4cupfish sauce
- 2 tbsp 2tbspgranulated sugar
- 2 tbsp 2tbspcornstarch
- 1 tsp 1tspgrated lime rind
- 2 tbsp 2tbsplime juice
- 1 tsp 1tsphot pepper sauce
- 4 tsp 4tspvegetable oil
- 2 2eggeggs, lightly beaten
- 1 lb 1lbboneless skinless chicken breastboneless skinless chicken breasts, sliced
- 4 4carrotcarrots, thinly sliced
- 1 1sweet red peppersweet red peppers, sliced
- 2 2cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp 1tbspminced gingerroot
- 2 cups 2cupsbean sprouts
- 2 2green oniongreen onions, sliced
- 1/4 cup 1/4cupchopped unsalted peanutunsalted peanuts
In large bowl, soak noodles in warm water for 20 minutes; drain and set aside.
Meanwhile, in small bowl, whisk together stock, ketchup, fish sauce, sugar, cornstarch, lime rind and juice and hot pepper sauce; set aside.
In wok or large skillet, heat 2 tsp (10 mL) of the oil over medium heat; cook eggs, stirring often, for 2 minutes or until scrambled and set. Transfer to plate.
Wipe out wok; add remaining oil. Brown chicken, in batches, over medium-high heat. Transfer to separate plate.
Add carrots, red pepper, garlic and ginger to pan; cook, stirring, for about 3 minutes or until slightly tender. Add noodles; stir gently for 1 minute.
Return chicken to pan. Stir sauce and pour into pan; cook, stirring, for 3 minutes or until thickened, noodles are tender and chicken is no longer pink inside.
Return egg mixture to wok along with bean sprouts; toss gently for 1 minute or until heated through. Serve sprinkled with green onions and peanuts.
Source : © CanadianLiving.com