Chicken Teriyaki Stir-Fry with Noodles
This recipe makes 6 servings
|Per each of 6 servings: about||-|
|total fat||9 g|
|sat. fat||1 g|
- Portion size: 4 to 6
Ideal for a weeknight supper because it's so quick to make, this stir-fry combines plenty of healthful vegetables and noodles to make a very colourful dish.
- 1 pkg (450 g) 1pkg (450 g)precooked Chinese noodles
- 1 bunch 1bunchbroccoli
- 1 lb 1lbboneless skinless chicken breastboneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 tbsp 2tbspvegetable oil
- 1 1oniononions, sliced
- 3 3cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp 1tbspminced gingerroot
- 1 cup 1cupsnow peasnow peas or frozen peas
- 1 1sweet red peppersweet red peppers, sliced Sauce:
- 1 cup 1cupchicken stock
- 1/4 cup 1/4cupteriyaki sauce
- 2 tbsp 2tbspcornstarch
- 2 tbsp 2tbsprice vinegar
- 2 tsp 2tspsesame oil
- 1/2 tsp 1/2tspsalt
- 1/2 tsp 1/2tsphot pepper sauce
Sauce: In bowl, whisk together stock, teriyaki sauce, cornstarch, vinegar, oil, salt and hot pepper sauce; set aside.
Rinse noodles under hot water to separate. Cut florets off broccoli; peel and chop stems. Slice chicken into 1/4-inch (5 mm) thick strips. Set all aside separately.
In wok or large skillet, heat oil over high heat; stir-fry chicken, in batches, until browned and no longer pink inside, 4 minutes. With slotted spoon, remove to bowl.
Add onion, garlic and ginger to pan; stir-fry until golden, about 1 minute. Add broccoli, snow peas, red pepper and 1/3 cup (75 mL) water; cover and steam until tender-crisp, about 3 minutes.
Return chicken to pan; add noodles and toss to combine. Pour in sauce; cook, stirring, until thickened, 1 minute.