Chickpea, Feta and Raisin Couscous
- Portion size: 4
This recipe makes 4 servings
|Tip: For a unique presentation||-|
|pack couscous into 6-oz (175 mL) greased custard_cups||-|
|ramekins or timbale rounds||-|
|then invert onto plates.||-|
- 1 tbsp 1tbspvegetable oil
- 1 1oniononions, chopped
- 2 2cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 tsp 1/4tspeach salt and pepper
- 1 cup 1cupdrained rinsed canned chickpeas
- 2 tbsp 2tbspraisinraisins or currants
- 1/2 tsp 1/2tspground cumin
- 1-1/2 cups 1-1/2cupsvegetable stock
- 1 cup 1cupwhole wheat couscous or couscous
- 1/2 cup 1/2cupcrumbled feta cheese
- 2 tbsp 2tbspchopped fresh parsley
In small saucepan, heat vegetable oil over medium heat; cook onion, garlic, salt, pepper, chickpeas, raisins and cumin stirring often, until softened, about 4 minutes.
Pour in vegetable stock; bring to boil. Stir in couscous . Remove from heat. Cover and let stand for 5 minutes.
Add feta cheese and parsley; fluff with fork.
Source : Canadian Living Magazine: November 2003