Chocolate Torte with Pecans
This recipe makes 14 servings
|Per each of 14 servings: about||-|
|total fat||29 g|
|sat. fat||9 g|
- Portion size: 12 to 14
This rich dense cake makes a perfect finish with a light and fruity local or Belgian raspberry beer (such as Mort Subite Framboise). Top each serving with a dollop of whipped cream.
- 6 oz 6ozbittersweet chocolate, chopped
- 2 oz 2ozmilk chocolate, chopped
- 2/3 cup 2/3cupwhipping cream
- 1/4 cup 1/4cupunsalted butter
- 3 3eggeggs
- 1/3 cup 1/3cuppakced brown sugar
- 3 tbsp 3tbspall-purpose flour
- 1 tbsp 1tbspbourbon or coffee liqueur
- 1 cup 1cupcoarsly chopped pecanpecans
In heatproof bowl over saucepan of hot (not boiling) water, melt together bittersweet and milk chocolates, cream and butter, stirring occasionally.
In large bowl, whisk together eggs, sugar, flour and bourbon; stir in chocolate mixture just until combined. Fold in nuts. Scrape into greased 8-inch (2 L) springform pan.
Bake in 275°F (140°C) oven for 1 hour or until centre is firm to the touch. Let cool in pan on rack for 15 minutes. Turn out onto serving plate; let cool. (Make-ahead: Cover and refrigerate for up to 2 days.)
Source : Canadian Living Magazine: November 2007