Chorizo Hash with Fried Eggs
This recipe makes 6 servings
|Per serving: about||-|
|total fat||25 g|
|sat. fat||8 g|
- Portion size: 6
For hearty appetites, you can double up on the eggs.
- 1-1/2 lb 1-1/2lbYukon Gold potatoYukon Gold potatoes, (about 3), peeled and quartered
- 4 tsp 4tspolive oil
- 8 oz 8ozcooked chorizo sausagechorizo sausages, coarsely chopped
- 1 1large oniononions, chopped
- 1 1sweet green peppersweet green peppers, coarsely chopped
- 2 2cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp 1/2tspsmoked paprika
- 1/2 tsp 1/2tspsalt
- 1/4 tsp 1/4tsppepper
- 1 tbsp 1tbspchopped fresh parsley
- 6 6fried or poached eggeggs
In large saucepan of boiling salted water, cover and cook potatoes until tender, about 15 minutes. Drain and let cool. Cut into 1/2-inch (1 cm) cubes; set aside. (Make-ahead: Refrigerate in airtight container for up to 12 hours.)
In large nonstick skillet, heat 2 tsp (10 mL) of the oil over medium-high heat; cook sausage until lightly browned, about 5 minutes. Remove to plate.
In same skillet, cook onion until softened, about 3 minutes. Add green pepper and garlic; cook until onion is golden and pepper is tender, about 8 minutes. Add to plate.
In same skillet, heat remaining oil. Add potatoes; sprinkle with paprika, salt and pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally, until golden, about 5 minutes.
Return sausage mixture to pan; cook, stirring, until sausage and potatoes are browned and a little crispy, 5 to 10 minutes. Stir in parsley.
Serve topped with eggs.
Source : Canadian Living Magazine: December 2009