Chicken and Black Bean Burritos
Photography by Edward Pond Image by: Chicken and Black Bean Burritos <br />Photography by Edward Pond
How to freeze casseroles
• Line baking dishes with heavy-duty foil before filling. Once frozen, lift block out using foil as handles.
• Rewrap block tightly in plastic wrap or foil then overwrap in heavy-duty foil or seal in freezer bag, pressing out air.
• Label and date package for easy identification, and including heating information.
• To use, unwrap and return frozen block to same baking dish. Cover and thaw in refrigerator for up to 48 hours, depending on density of food.
How to freeze stews, chilis and curries
• Let cool for 30 minutes.
• Scoop into shallow airtight freezer and containers. Seal, label and date container, then freeze. Include reheating information.
• Thaw in refrigerator or microwave.
15 freezable dinner recipes to make life a little easier