Cranberry Banana Bread
This recipe makes 1 servings
|Per slice: about||-|
|total fat||12 g|
|sat. fat||6 g|
- Portion size: 1 loaf or 12 slices
Full of cranberries and bananas, this bread deliciously balances tart and sweet.
- 1/2 cup 1/2cupbutter, softened
- 1 cup 1cupgranulated sugar
- 2 2eggeggs
- 1 cup 1cupmashed ripe bananas
- 1 tsp 1tspvanilla
- 1 tsp 1tsplemon juice
- 2 cups 2cupsall-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 tsp 1-1/2tspbaking powder
- 1/2 tsp 1/2tspbaking soda
- 1/2 tsp 1/2tspsalt
- 1-1/2 cups 1-1/2cupscoarsely chopped fresh cranberryfresh cranberries or frozen cranberries
- 1/2 cup 1/2cupchopped pecanpecans
- 1/4 cup 1/4cupmilk
In large bowl, beat butter with sugar until fluffy; beat in eggs, 1 at a time, beating well after each. Beat in bananas, vanilla and lemon juice.
In separate bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Stir into butter mixture alternately with milk, making 3 additions of dry ingredients and 2 of milk. Fold in cranberries and pecans. Scrape into prepared pan, smoothing top.
Bake in centre of 350°F (180°C) oven until cake tester inserted in centre comes out clean, about 1-1/4 hours. Let cool in pan on rack for 5 minutes. Remove from pan and peel off paper; let cool completely. Wrap in plastic wrap; store at room temperature for 24 hours before slicing. (Make-ahead: Store in airtight container for up to 2 days or overwrap in heavy-duty foil and freeze for up to 2 weeks.) Makes 1 loaf, or 12 slices.
Source : Canadian Living Magazine: October 2006