Photography by Matthew Kimura
This recipe makes 8 servings
|Per each of 8 servings: about||-|
|total fat||2 g|
|sat. fat||1 g|
- Portion size: 6 to 8
This tangy combo really complements pork, ham and even turkey.
- 1 tbsp 1tbspbutter
- 1/2 1/2small red onionred onions, chopped
- 1/2 head 1/2headsmall red cabbage, shredded
- 1 cup 1cupcranberry cocktail
- 1 cup 1cuplow-sodium chicken stock or vegetable stock
- 1/4 cup 1/4cupdried cranberrydried cranberries
- 1 tbsp 1tbspred wine vinegar
- 1/4 tsp 1/4tspsalt
- 1/4 tsp 1/4tsppepper
- 1 1bay leafbay leaves
- 1 pinch 1pinchground cloves
- 1 pinch 1pinchcinnamon
In large nonstick skillet, melt butter over medium heat; fry onion, stirring occasionally, until softened, about 5 minutes. Add cabbage; cook, stirring, until coated, about 2 minutes.
Stir in cranberry cocktail, stock, cranberries, vinegar, salt, pepper, bay leaf, cloves and cinnamon; bring to boil. Reduce heat to low; cover and simmer until cabbage is almost tender, 45 minutes.
Uncover and simmer, stirring occasionally, until cabbage is tender and most of the liquid is absorbed, about 20 minutes. Discard bay leaf.
Source : Canadian Living Magazine: November 2004