Creamy Cucumber Salad
- Portion size: 4
This recipe makes 4 servings
|Per serving: about||-|
|total fat||1 g|
|sat. fat||1 g|
This Scandinavian-style salad is easy to prepare and full of lively accents. Salting and draining the cucumber is essential to prevent a watery salad.
- 3 cups 3cupsthinly sliced peeled English cucumberEnglish cucumbers
- 1 tsp 1tspsalt
- 1/2 cup 1/2cupthinly sliced red onionred onions
- 1/4 cup 1/4cupregular sour cream or light sour cream
- 1 tbsp 1tbspchopped fresh dill, (or 1 tsp/5mL dried dillweed)
- 1 tbsp 1tbspwhite wine vinegar
- 1 tsp 1tspgranulated sugar
In colander, sprinkle cucumber with salt ; let stand to drain for 30 minutes. Pat dry.
Meanwhile, soak onion in cold water for 15 minutes; drain and pat dry.
In bowl, whisk together sour cream, dill, vinegar and sugar. Add cucumber and onion; toss to coat.
Source : Canadian Living Magazine: March 2007