Dandelion Salad with Warm Bacon Mushroom Dressing
- Portion size: 4
This recipe makes 4 servings
|Per serving: about||-|
|total fat||20 g|
|sat. fat||6 g|
The richness of the bacon and egg yolks cuts the bitterness of dandelion greens in this French bistro spring classic.
- 4 4slices bacon
- 1 tbsp 1tbspextra-virgin olive oil
- 2 cups 2cupsoyster mushroomoyster mushrooms, sliced
- 1 1shallotshallots, thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp 2tbspred wine vinegar
- 1 tsp 1tspDijon mustard
- 1/4 tsp 1/4tsppepper
- 8 cups 8cupsdandelion greensdandelion greens, cut into 2-inch (5 cm) lengths
- 4 4fried eggeggs
In skillet, cook bacon over medium-high heat until crisp, about 6 minutes; drain on paper towel–lined plate, reserving 2 tbsp (25 mL) of the fat. Chop into bite-size pieces.
In same skillet, heat reserved bacon fat and oil over medium heat; cook mushrooms and shallot, stirring occasionally, until tender and golden, about 6 minutes. Remove from heat; let stand for 1 minute. Whisk in vinegar, mustard and pepper. Pour over greens in bowl. Add bacon; toss to coat.
Divide salad among plates; top each with fried egg.
Source : Canadian Living Magazine: May 2009