Deli Meat Platter
This recipe makes 12 servings
Whether you're building sandwiches or simply snacking at a cocktail party, this custom combination of meats offers a taste for everyone. Offer 2 oz (60 g) of meat per person for a snacking platter or 4 oz (120 g) per person for a sandwich-building platter. Serve with grainy Dijon mustard or our own Sweet-and-Hot-Maple Mustard.
- 6 oz 6ozthinly sliced prosciutto
- 1 lb 1lbGarlicky Roast Beef Recipe
- 6 oz 6ozthinly sliced smoked turkey
- 6 oz 6ozthinly sliced salami
- 1/2 1/2cantaloupecantaloupes, seeded
- 4 4figfigs
- 12 12black oliveblack olives
- 12 12green olivegreen olives
- 12 12pickled onionpickled onions
Scrunch prosciutto pieces and arrange in centre of platter. Arrange beef, smoked turkey and salami, fanning slices slightly, around prosciutto. (Make-ahead: Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for up to 8 hours.)
Peel cantaloupe and cut into 3/4-inch (2 cm) thick wedges; nestle among prosciutto. Cut figs into quarters. Scatter attractively around platter along with olives and onions.
Source : Canadian Living Magazine: December 2004