Easy Apple Cranberry Sauce
This recipe makes 2 servings
|Per serving: about||-|
|total fat||1 g|
- Portion size: 2 cups (500 mL)
This sauce is also a delicious accent to ham and chicken.
- 1 tbsp 1tbspvegetable oil
- 1 1small onion, minced
- 1 pkg (340 g) 1pkg (340 g)fresh cranberryfresh cranberries
- 1 1McIntosh apple, peeled and sliced
- 1/4 cup 1/4cuppacked brown sugar
- 2 tbsp 2tbspcider vinegar
- 1 1cinnamon stickcinnamon sticks
- Pinch Pincheach salt and pepper
In saucepan, heat oil over medium heat; fry onion, stirring occasionally, for 4 minutes. Add cranberries, apple, brown sugar, vinegar and cinnamon stick; bring to boil.
Reduce heat, cover and simmer, stirring twice, until sauce is thick enough to mound on spoon, about 12 minutes. Add salt and pepper. (Make-ahead: Let cool to room temperature; refrigerate in airtight container for up to 2 days. Serve at room temperature or hot.) Discard cinnamon stick.
Source : Canadian Living Magazine: October 2005