English Muffin Pizzas
This recipe makes 4 servings
|Per serving: about||-|
|total fat||10 g|
|sat. fat||5 g|
- Portion size: 4
This easy lunch also doubles as an after-school snack. Let the kids dictate the toppings. Try switching the cheese to smoked provolone, Cheddar or Fontina.
- 4 4English muffinEnglish muffins, split
- 1/2 cup 1/2cupTomato Pizza Sauce recipe
- 1 cup 1cupshredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup 1/4cupdiced sweet green or red peppersweet green or red peppers
- 1/4 cup 1/4cupdiced mushroommushrooms
- 2 tbsp 2tbspdiced pepperoni, optional
Lightly toast English muffins. Place, cut side up, on lightly greased or foil-lined baking sheet.
Spread each half with 1 tbsp (15 mL) of the sauce; sprinkle each with 2 tbsp (25 mL) of the cheese. Sprinkle with green pepper, mushrooms, and pepperoni (if using). Broil 6 inches (15 cm) from heat until cheese is bubbly, about 2 minutes. Let cool slightly.
To pack for lunch, let cool completely. Pack in airtight container. (Make-ahead: Refrigerate in airtight for container up to 12 hours.)
Source : Canadian Living Magazine: September 2008