Fennel and Arugula Salad with Oranges and Olives
- Portion size: 4
This recipe makes 4 servings
|Per serving: about||-|
|total fat||16 g|
|sat. fat||2 g|
This stunning salad hints at the fabulous yet easy-to-execute dishes to come.
- 2 2navel orangenavel oranges
- 1/2 cup 1/2cupcoarsely chopped pitted green olives
- 1/2 1/2bulb fennel, thinly sliced
- 4 cups 4cupsarugula or baby spinach Sherry Vinaigrette:
- 1/4 cup 1/4cupextra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp 2tbspsherry vinegar or red wine vinegar
- 1 1shallotshallots, minced
- 1 tsp 1tspgrated orange rind
- 1 tsp 1tspliquid honey
- 1/4 tsp 1/4tspeach salt and pepper
Sherry Vinaigrette: In bowl, whisk oil, vinegar, shallot, orange rind, honey, salt and pepper; set aside. (Make-ahead: Cover and refrigerate for up to 2 hours.)
Cut off rind and outer membrane of oranges. Working over bowl, cut between membrane and pulp to release segments into bowl, reserving juice for another use. Add olives and fennel. Pour in vinaigrette; toss to coat. Let stand for 15 minutes.
Add arugula; toss to coat.
Source : Canadian Living Magazine: November 2005