Garlic Ginger Chicken Wings
- Portion size: 6
This recipe makes 6 servings
|Per serving: about||-|
|total fat||20 g|
|sat. fat||5 g|
If you don't have light soy sauce, substitute 2 tbsp soy sauce mixed with 1 tbsp water. Already separated and trimmed chicken wings are a real time-saver. If you can't find them, cut tips off whole chicken wings then cut wings at remaining joint.
- 3 lb 3lbseparated trimmed chicken wingchicken wings
- 1 tsp 1tspfive-spice powder
- 3 tbsp 3tbsplight soy sauce
- 3 tbsp 3tbsprice vinegar or white vinegar
- 2 tbsp 2tbsppacked brown sugar
- 4 tsp 4tspfinely chopped garlic, (about 3 cloves)
- 4 tsp 4tspfinely chopped fresh ginger
- 4 tsp 4tspvegetable oil
- 1 pinch 1pinchblack pepper
- 1 1small hot pepper, (such as Thai bird
- 3 3green oniongreen onions, chopped
In bowl, sprinkle chicken with five-spice powder; toss with 1 tbsp of the soy sauce. Arrange on rack on foil-lined baking sheet; bake in 425°F (220°C) oven, turning once, until crisp, golden and juices run clear when chicken is pierced, 40 to 45 minutes.
In large bowl, stir together remaining soy sauce, vinegar, sugar, garlic, ginger, oil, black pepper and hot pepper; add wings and toss to coat. To serve, sprinkle with green onions.
Source : Canadian Living Magazine: September 2011