Gin Tarragon Gravlax
- Portion size: 50 pieces
This recipe makes 50 pieces servings
|Per piece: about||-|
|total fat||2 g|
This Scandinavian specialty is delicious and easy. Note that it takes fives days to cure. Serve thin slices wrapped around breadsticks.
- 1/3 cup 1/3cupgranulated sugar
- 1/4 cup 1/4cupkosher salt or pickling salt
- 1 tsp 1tsppeppercorns, crushed
- 1 tsp 1tspcoriander seeds, coarsely ground
- 1 1shallotshallots, finely diced
- 3 tbsp 3tbspchopped fresh tarragon
- 2 lb 2lbcentre-cut salmon fillet, (skin on)
- 2 tbsp 2tbspgin
In bowl, combine sugar, salt, peppercorns and coriander seeds; mix in shallot and tarragon. Place one-third on centre of sheet of plastic wrap; place salmon, skin side down, on mix. Spread remaining mix all over flesh side of salmon; drizzle with gin. Wrap in plastic wrap.
Transfer to small baking sheet. Place small cutting board on salmon; weigh down with two or three 28-oz (796 mL) cans. Refrigerate for 5 days, turning daily.
Unwrap fish. Using paper towel, brush off most of the mix. Thinly slice on 45-degree angle.
Source : Canadian Living Magazine: January 2010