- Preparation time: 8 minutes
- Total time : 30 minutes
- Portion size: 10 to 12
This recipe makes 12 servings
|Per each of 12 servings: about||-|
|total fat||3 g|
A glass of this traditional warm, spiced red wine is a great way to greet guests. Prepare it just before they arrive, to fill your house with the heady scents of the season.
- 6 6green cardamom podgreen cardamom pods
- 4 4whole cloves
- 2 2strips orange peel
- 2 2cinnamon stickcinnamon sticks, (4 inches/10 cm), broken
- 2 (each 750 mL) 2(each 750 mL)dry red wine
- 1/2 cup 1/2cuphalved dried figdried figs
- 1/2 cup 1/2cupraisinraisins
- 1/2 cup 1/2cupblanched almondblanched almonds
- 1/4 cup 1/4cuppacked brown sugar
Place cardamom, cloves, orange peel and cinnamon sticks on 4-inch (10 cm) square of double-thickness cheesecloth; bring ends up and tie with string.
In large saucepan, bring wine, figs, raisins, almonds, sugar and spice bag just to simmer over medium-high heat. Reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes. (Make-ahead: Cover and set aside for up to 2 hours. Rewarm to serve.)
Additional information : Serve Glogg alongside traditional Swedish Ginger Crisps.
Source : Canadian Living Magazine: December 2011