Gluten-Free Sweet Potato Pancakes
- Portion size: 18 pancakes
This recipe makes 18 pancakes servings
|Per pancake: about||-|
|total fat||9 g|
|sat. fat||4 g|
This makes a thick, fluffy batter. You can find xanthan gum in health food stores or the health-food aisle of some supermarkets. Serve these versatile pancakes with maple syrup and bacon. Or omit the cinnamon and serve with sour cream, chopped chives and smoked salmon. Use two skillets to speed up cooking time.
- 1-1/2 cups 1-1/2cupscornstarch
- 1-1/2 cups 1-1/2cupswhite rice flourwhite rice flour
- 1 tbsp 1tbspgluten-free baking powder
- 1/2 tsp 1/2tspsalt
- 1/2 tsp 1/2tspxanthan gum
- 1/2 tsp 1/2tspcinnamon
- 2 2eggeggs
- 2-1/2 cups 2-1/2cupsbuttermilk
- 1/2 cup 1/2cupbutter, melted
- 1 tbsp 1tbsppacked brown sugar
- 1-1/2 cups 1-1/2cupscooled mashed cooked sweet potato, (1 large sweet potato, about 1 lb/450 g)
- 3 tbsp 3tbspvegetable oil
In large bowl, whisk together cornstarch, flour, baking powder, salt, xanthan gum and cinnamon.
In separate bowl, beat eggs; whisk in buttermilk, butter and brown sugar. Whisk in sweet potato. Add to dry ingredients, stirring just until combined.
Heat large skillet over medium heat; brush with some of the oil. Spoon 1/3 cup batter per pancake into skillet; cook, turning once, until golden brown, fluffy and set, about 6 minutes. (Make-ahead: Let cool; refrigerate in airtight container for up to 3 days. Reheat in toaster.)
Source : Canadian Living Magazine: May 2011